Here’s what’s new in this release:
- New services: Pivot Collection Service and Zentity Data Service
- New client applications:
- Pivot Viewer and ODATA Viewer, in collaboration with Microsoft Live Labs
- Visual Explorer, in collaboration with MSR Asia
- PowerShell admin console
- .NET 4.0 support
- ODATA support
- Data model agnostic
- Multi-tier application support
- Zentity SDK
- Improved deployment experience
To run this software, you’ll need the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, IIS 7 or above, Application Server role installed, Silverlight version 4, Windows SDK for Windows 7, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native client, Windows PowerShell 2.0
- SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition or above, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Express with Advanced Services (with file stream, full-text search and named pipes enabled)
For more detailed information, see the system requirements section in the Installation Instructions document (also included with the downloaded .zip file).
To install Zentity 2.0, do the following:
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to a folder.
- Open the folder containting the extracted files, and then run the corresponding client or server MSI installation wizard.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install Zentity 2.0.
For more detailed information, see the Installation Instructions document (also included with the downloaded .zip file).